1. I think the computer needs _____ (repair) as it refuses to work from time to time.
2. He ran as quickly as he could _____ (catch) the early bus, but he still failed.
3. By the time he got home last night, the robot _____ (not finish) the cooking yet.
4. . -I haven't seen my grandma for a long time.
-I'm looking forward to （visit）her a lot.
5. Now the pretty woman can't decide which pair of pants （choose）.Because they both look good on her.
1. A year __________(divide) into 12 star signs.
2. The first __________(clone)sheep was named Dolly.
3. Stop__________(argue) about it. Let’s be friends again.
4. The (relax) music made us even (relax).
5. Amy has just had his bicycle__________(repair).
6. It’s a good __________(choose) to (choose) him as our monitor.
7. It’s much _________(sun) today than yesterday.
8. __________(eat) too much is （health）for our health..
9. Your advice will be of great _________(valuable) to us .
10. I __________(colour) the card orange (cheer)you up and it brought you joy.
Charlie came from a poor village. His parents had no money _____ 1(send) him
to school when he was young. The boy was very sad. Mr. King lived next to him. He had pity on him and ______2 (lend) some money to him. So the boy _____3(go) to school. He studied hard and did well in all his lessons. After he finished middle school, the man introduced him to his friend in town. And he began to work.
Once Mr. King_______4(hurt) himself badly. Dying, he asked Charlie to take care of his daughter, Sharon. The young man agreed and several years later, they got married. He loved his wife and tried his best ______5(make) her ______6(feel) happy. He was good at______7(cook) and he cooked delicious food for her. She became very fat and one day she _______8(find) there was something wrong with her heart. Her husband was not at home and she had to go to hospital alone at once. The doctor looked her over and told her________9(not eat) meat, sugar, chocolate and things like these. So she was afraid to forget the doctor’s words and wrote all the name of the food on the paper.
When she got home, she put the list on the table and went out. When she got home again, she found many kinds of food: meat, sugar, chocolate in the kitchen. Charlie was busy _____10(cook) there. As soon as he saw her, he said happily, “I have bought all the food you like, dear”!
Andrew Brash returned this week from Nepal after successfully climbing to the summit of Qomolangma Peak. This was Brash’s 1 (two) time to climb the mountain.
Two years ago he and his team 2 (give) up his dream of reaching a Peak’s summit. Why? Because they found 3 climber lying on the ice slope when they were less than 200 meters away from the summit. The climber was Lincoln Hall. He had become seriously ill 55455(early) that day, and his own group thought he was dead and left him by mistake. 5 a second thought, Brash and his group turned back at once. They spent a lot of time 6 (carry) Hall all the way down the mountain in order to find help. At last Hall 7 (save), and he was very 55855(thank) for the help from the group of mountaineers. Brash never regretted (感到遗憾) his 55955(decide) not to reach the summit: “It’s still there if I want to try again,” he once said.
And last week, that’s 551055(exact) what he did. “I’m just so happy for him that he’s reached his goal and is safe,” his wife, Jennifer, told CBC News.
Tom: Sandy. It seems that only half of the students passed the final exam.
Sandy: Really? The final exam must 1 (be) very difficult this time.
Tom: Well, I’m really 2 (surprise) too. There are many students who definitely didn’t fail. According to Jack, there are eight boys in his class who failed, 3 (include) himself and Scott.
Sandy: Oh! Scott is 4 of the top students in the college. What about his sister, Kate? Did she pass?
Tom: Oh, yes. It seems she 5 (get) good marks.
Sandy: That’s absolutely unbelievable! Scott was a much 6 (good) student than his sister, and he has been working so hard for the last few months.
Tom: It seems unfair, doesn’t it? But, from 7 I’ve heard, perhaps he worked too hard. He was ill during the week of the exam.
Sandy: Oh, I see. These things happen, sometimes. I suppose the teacher will take his 8 (ill) into account and give him a pass.
Tom: Well, there is a rumor going around that the head of the department is leaving.
Sandy: Because 9 the bad result, you mean?
Tom: I suppose so. I’m not sure. Maybe Mr Smith is going to be the New Department Head.
1. Jane often ________ (take) the bus to school.
2. —What did you do last Sunday?
—I ________(study) for the English test.
3. Did you enjoy _______ (go) shopping.
4. The boy likes English very much, so he ________ (practice) reading English every morning.
5. Look! Liu Ying _________ (do) her homework.
cancel prepare draw be mistake
1．Hepburn acted so well that some people _______ her for a real princess.
2．Both Jerry and his friends _________ for the English exam these days．
3．If it snows the day after tomorrow, the football match ________ ．
4．There _______ a lot of rain in my hometown since last month.
5．When the teacher entered the classroom, some students _________ pictures.
It was another hot, dry day in the forest…
A little ant was thirsty. So he went to a river (1) ______ (get) a drink. But the ant got too close to the river. He (2) ______ (carry) away by the flow (流动) of the river.
“Help! Help!” cried the little ant.
A dove (鸽子) (3) ______ (sit) on a tree nearby. She saw what happened to the ant. She pulled a leaf from the tree and held it in her mouth. Then she flew over to the little ant. She dropped the leaf into the water. The ant (4) ______(climb) onto the leaf and got to safety.
“Thank you for saving me,” said the ant to the dove. “One day, I (5) ______ (do) something to help you.”
“That is very kind,” said the dove. “But I (6) ______ (not, think) a little ant like you could ever help me.”
A few days later, the ant saw a bird catcher (7) ______ (stand) under a tree. He was waiting
to catch the dove with a net.
“Oh, no! My friend Dove (8) ______ (sleep). She is in danger! I (9) ______ (help) her.”
So, he ran over to the bird catcher and stung (刺痛) him in the foot. The bird catcher cried and threw down his net in pain. The dove was able to fly away.
“Thank you, my dear friend. You (10) ______ (save) my life. Now I come to see I was wrong. I am sorry for what I said.” the dove said to the ant.
1． The ________ dinosaur has not disappeared.（feather）
2． He wants________ a scientist in the future.（be）
3． The scientists try to explain their ________.（disappear）
4． The ground ________ with snow now.（cover）
5． Human ________ mean men, women and children.（be）
1． It was for________ wine.（serve）
2． The strange cup________in the old days.（use）
3． Have you________it a lot?（wear）
4． Let's________the hall through the________.（enter）
5． The box is________with pears.（full）
1. Eating more vegetables will keep you （health).
2. I prefer （tomato) to carrots.
3. They aren't from China. They are （foreign).
4. Why not （open) the window? It's so hot here.
5. My grandma was very happy （see) us yesterday.
6. If we run, we （catch) the early bus.
7. While the boy (walk) down the street, the UFO landed.
8. My brother is good at （sing)．
9. She said it was much (good) if she did her own work.
10. It was January （five) yesterday.
1. Don’t be (patient)! You should listen to what he is saying first.
2. The director has collected all the (act) dresses.
3. Since he fell off the bike, John (be) in bed for nearly a week.
4. More attention should be paid to ________(have) enough sleep for the students.
5. You mustn’t touch the machines until you (allow) to.
6. ---The bus is leaving right now, but Jack hasn’t arrived yet.
---Well, he said he ___________ ( come ) here on time.
7. They don’t know how _______(achieve) a balance between work and play .
8.I have never been to the sea，so I have difficulty____________(imagine)how large it is．
9.After seeing the dentist ,the patient suffering from the toothache got far _________ (scare)
10. Every one of us knows five___________( twenty)is a quarter.
1. Knives are used for ________ things.
2. It is said that the film __________ in 1970.
3. Let’s start when the sun has _________.
4. The teacher _________ our class into four groups.
5. Languages are always _________.
1. have won the football match, because is the best team in the league.（they）
2. It was fine and （sun）yesterday.
3. Li Mei （have）a clock. She （have）it for three years. She （buy）it in a shopping centre. It （not work）well now.
4. By the age of ten, Edison already （build）a chemistry lab for himself.
5. （ride）a horse through the countryside must be very exciting.
1．Mr Bush is an English teacher．He is from a (west)country．
2．They have (know)each other already．
3．My father can afford (buy)a new bike for me．
4．The storybook is very interesting (read)．
5．I (not have)the Western food before．
1. Let me ______________(answer) the question.
2. Jim, ______________(not do) it tike that.
3. There ______________(not be) any food in the fridge.
4. I like ______________(walk) after supper. But I don’t like _____________(walk) this evening.
5. It’s seven in the evening. Tom with his family _____________(have) supper.
6. His father is a teacher and he _______________(teach) English in a middle school.
7. Would you like _____________(get) presents?
8. He always _______________(visit) his grand parents at the weekends.
9. Don’t ________________(give) the animals too much food.
10. ________________ you usually ______________(wear) silk shirts?
1．Mr Wang (make)lots of friends since he came to New York．
2．There is going to be a (parent)meeting next Friday evening．
3．--What about your (day)life?
4．If he (pass)the exams tomorrow，he (stay)here until he is l8．
5．They often play sports such as (climb)and walking in the country．
6．I (be)at this school since I was 12 years old．
7．What do you like (well)，Chinese，English or maths?
Mr and Mrs Smith were giving a dinner party with 20 visitors seated around a table. Their talk was about who 1 (have) more self-control(自我控制力 )，men or women.
Suddenly they saw a strange expression ( 表情 ) 2 (come) across Mrs Smith's face. She said something to the servant(仆人) standing behind her without 3 (turn) around. The servant quickly put a glass of milk outside the open door.
One of the men said, "I want to know what self-control everyone 4 (have). While I 5 (count) from 1 to 300, none of you can move at all. If you do, you 6 (pay) 50. "
The people sat like rocks while the man counted. When he reached 280, a large snake(蛇) 7 (see) moving slowly from the table to the glass of milk.
Mr Smith said, "You 8 just (show) us an example of self-control, but how did you know there 9 (be) a snake in the room?"
"I 10 (not, know) it was, but I knew the milk was for the snake, "the man answered.
"It was lying right on my feet, " said Mrs Smith.
1. — Why Lily （not see）the film yesterday ?
— Because she （see）it already .
2. Please wait until she （come）back .
3. When you （phone）me last night , I （watch）TV with my parents .
4. — How long your mother （be）at this school ?
— For over twenty years .
5. Would you like （eat）something now ?
1. Her mother told her (not read) in bed.
2. When class began， we stopped (listen).
3. He found it hard (catch) up with his class.
4. Li Ming was very tired， but he kept (work).
5. Uncle Wang can make his kite (fly) higher in the sky.
6. My mother let me (not do) it by myself.
7. －Do you often hear John (sing) in his room.
一Listen！How we can hear him ( sing) in his room.
8. Remember (tell) him about it before he goes away.
9. I want (take) these books to the classroom.