1. There is no need to hide it. When they get to know you are a shy kid, they will understand you better. This also helps you feel more comfortable in talks.
2. When you smile, people think you are friendly and easy to talk with. Remember that other people have feelings, too; and most people will stay away from an angry-looking face.
3. Think more about ways to enjoy parties or games. Don’t waste time worrying about your look or other things.
4 Each time when you say “Hi!” or smile at someone, say to yourself “You can make it.” Keep trying and take one small step once.
5. The material above tells us the way to __________________.
A. be a nice talker B. be more careful
C. start a talk D. overcome（克服）your shyness
1. Do you have any free time ___________（help）me with the housework?
2. I just keep ___________（worry）about the result of my Chinese test.
3.You’ll make some mistakes in your homework if you _________ (not be) careful.
4.The more careful you are ,the better you ____________ (do) in your future work.
5.Jim is not as honest as he seems _____________(be). He often tells lies.
6.Nobody in my class __________(know) how to answer that question at that time.
7.The teacher often tells us to spend as much time as we can (read) English.
8.__________(give) your seat on the bus to someone in need is polite.
9. She is learning __________(drive) a car on a busy street.
10. No one knows what __________ (happen) in an hour.
11.Jack won’t go home until he _________(finish) his work.
阅读下面短文，用括号内所给动词的适当形式填空 ( 必要时可加情态动词 ) 。
Successful launch of second space lab
While we _____1_____ (enjoy) the moon and eating moon cakes, Tiangong-2, China’s second lab, _____2_____ (fly) into space on Sep 15. It’s one step closer to China’s dream of building a space station.
Tiangong-2 plans to work for at least two years. It______3_____(go) around the Earth at a height of about 393km.
In mid-October, the Shenzhou XI spacecraft will take two astronauts into space. They ______4_____ (sent) into Tiangong-2 and work for 30 days. They can do experiments or other tasks there.
One important task of Tiangong-2 is to test many space technologies. They have something to do with an astronaut’s long-term stay in space and the building of the space station.
Remember the 2015 movie The Martian （《火星救援》）______5______ (make) by 20th Century Fox Film Corporation? The US astronaut in the movie lives on the Red Planet by growing potatoes. Till now, Chinese scientists _______6_______(build) a mini “greenhouse” on Tiangong-2. They hope_______7_______(grow) rice there.
Once the space lab task comes to an end, China will start building our own space station.
By 2020, China _______8______(have) its first space station. It will be able to work for at least 10 years. By then, astronauts_______9______(stay) in the station for more than one year.
When the International Space Station stops _______10_____(work) in 2024, the Chinese station will be a choice for “scientific research and international cooperation（合作）”,experts say.
Mrs. Forgetful has a lot of friends, but she knows none of them well. She has a big house with a garden. The gardener grows all the kinds of beautiful flowers in it. She has her own driver, cook and she (1) ________ (not do) any housework. But she (2) _______ (feel) lonely since her husband died. She wishes someone could talk with her.
One day the woman heard a new film (3) _________ (show) at a cinema. She went there at once. When she got there, she (4) _______ (tell) that the film was starting at a quarter past eight. She had a look at her watch and there were twenty minutes (5) ________ (leave). There were only some people there. She decided (6) ________ (find) a chance to talk to a man next to her.
“I (7) _______ (see) Mr. Hunt this morning. He’s much fatter than before,” said the woman. “We (8) ______ (tell) him to take more exercise.”
“Mr. Hunt? Who’s he?” the man asked in surprise.
“Oh, you’ve forgotten our friend!” said the woman.
“But I don’t know him at all, madam!”
The film began and she had stop (9) ________ (talk). When the film was over, she met the man at the exit.
“Oh, Mr. Hunt,” said Mrs. Forgetful. “Can you guess what I did just now?”
“Yes, I can, madam,” said the man. “You did the same thing as you (10) _______ (do) now.” With these words, the man hurried off.
1. She studies English by _______ (make) flashcards .
2. There must be someone _______ (visit) the homes in our neighborhood .
3. The boy often tells lies , so he is ______ (honest) .
4. Ted pretended not ______ (see) me when I came in .
5. I would rather cook at home than ______ (eat) out .
6. Kate is old enough to dress ______ (she) .
7. At last , he ______ (success) and became a great lawyer .
8. We should be allowed ______ (have) part-time jobs .
9. Jack played soccer instead of ______ (have) the math lesson last Sunday .
10. Beijing ______ (change) a lot in the last ten years .
1.I don’t know what kind of present________(get).
2.Daniel is waiting for his parents _______ (bring) him birthday presents.
3.If one of them______ (come) tomorrow, we’ll go skating.
4.Tom _________ (visit) the museum next week, isn’t he?
5.There are some kites _____ (fly ) in the sky in spring.
6.Can you stop talking and _____ (give）me a minute.
7.There is nothing wrong with ______ (write) a poem.
8. Please help me. I have much trouble ______(prepare) for the exam.
9.In the past, only a few people ______ (wear) silk clothes.
10.Please turn off the TV, Jack _____ (do) his homework.
1. —Let’s play soccer with______________ (they). —That sounds good.
2. My sister likes hamburgers, but I like______________ (rice).
3. (woman)_______________ Day is on March 8th.
4. My sister is 20. Today is her_______________ (twenty) birthday.
5. Sports star Cindy eats ________________ (health) food every day.
6. She _______________ ( play) sports every day.
7. I want________________ (watch) TV on Sunday.
8. It_______________ (look) like a hat.xkb1.com
9. I ________________ (not like) geography because it’s really difficult.xkb1.com
10. —Let’s play soccer. —That _____________ (sound) great.
1. I’m going to be a _____________________(violin) when I grow up.
2. It’s too__________________(danger) to skate in the river in winter.
3. He always dresses ___________________(smart)and wears a smile.
4. Jim is very hungry. He’d like two more ____________________ (sandwich).
5. We all think he can keep the secret to ___________________ (he).
6. We never know what _______________ (happen) in the future.
7. It’s twelve o’clock. It’s time _______________ (have) lunch.
8. He is going to be an engineer when he _______________ (grow) up.
9. What’re the boys doing? They ______________ (dig) a hole.
10. The students are talking about when _______________ (have) a class party.
1. The telephone ____________ (invent) by Bell in 1876.
2. Teenagers should be allowed _____________ (choose) their own clothes.
3. I practice my listening by _____________ (listen) to the tape over and over again.
4. Could you please tell me where I can get something ___________ (eat)?
5. Look! He must ______________ (run) to catch a bus.
1.Millie ___________(prefer) calligraphy(书法) to dance in the past.
2.If you ________ (be not ) careful, you may make the same mistake next time.
3. He makes over 50 sounds from water by (control) the speed of water flow.
4.Daniel has spent as much time as he could _________(improve) his English.
5.Anne and her family ____________(force) to move to another country because Nazis wanted to kill Jews..
1. I can’t wait (open) my present on Children’s Day.
2. Because of the (end) housework, Millie always feels tired.
3. Kids, help ______________(you) to some fruit. It’s good for your health .
4. How (bore) the trip to South Hill is!
5. The final (take) place at the Sports Center next month.
1. I’m very glad _______(see) my old friend.
2. Thanks for _______ (help) me with my English.
3. Here is a letter of (invite) for you.
4. Don’t refuse _______(accept) my gift.
5. He left the room without ________(say) a word.
1. His father promised that he __________ (buy) him something special if he did well in the coming exam.
2. Those dried flowers __________ (not sell) as well as the fresh ones.
3. Where is Jim? I’m afraid he __________ (forget) the visit to the museum.
4. Many scientists are always trying to devote themselves to _________ (study) in different areas.
5. There __________ (be) little healthy food for us to eat in the future, is there ?
6. We should think about all we can __________ (prevent) animals and plants from becoming endangered.
7. ---I’m afraid that I might miss your party because of my poor memory.
---Don’t worry. You __________ (remind) of the time one day earlier.
8. ---Why didn’t you stop him going out?
---Sorry, but I __________ (write) a letter and didn’t notice him go out.
1. We have great fun ___________ (dress) up before the party begins.
2. --- Lily, who ___________ (give) you red packets at the Spring Festival? --- Well, a lot of people do.
3. What about ___________(plan) to travel to the West Lake?
4. Sandy__________ (not be) often late for school.
5. A good breakfast ___________ (help) us start the day well.xkb1.com
6 .---___________（be）there any sheep on the farm?
---Let’s go and see them together.
7.___________ all your family ___________ (get) together on Christmas Eve?
8. How much time does it take her ___________(dance) every day?
1. When something ______________(worry) me, I always went to my mum for help when I was young.
2. There__________________(be) a football match tonight, isn’t there?
3. --- How often ___________ he _______________(write) to his father?
--- Once a year.
4. --- Where is Jim?
--- He ________________(play) football over there.
5. Can you hear the girl _______________(cry) in the next room?
6. I’m sorry for _________________(knock) all your books onto the ground.
7. If he _____________(tell) others my secret, I ______________(not make) good friends with him.
8. He will do something _________________(work) out the problem for others.
1. (leave) the problem alone unless you can solve it right now .
2. Mr Smith’s plane _______________ (not arrive). Let’s wait for him here.
3. The Greens _______________ (have) supper when suddenly there was a knock at the door.
4.If you decide to do so , do you realize what danger (face) ?
5.The works of art he devoted his lifetime to (show ) in the museum last month .
6. As soon as Steve finishes the job, he _______________ (allow) to have two weeks off.
7. The dried flowers _______________ (not sell) as well as the fresh ones now.
8. You will make many mistakes if you ___________ (be not) careful.
1.Let’s _____ ( watch ) TV.
2.Do you want _____ ( come ) with me?
3.How much ____ ( be ) these socks?
4.Miss Li is ______ ( real ) a good teacher. We all like her.
5._______ (vegetable) salad is healthy.
6.That’s an _________ (interest) computer game.
7.Susan ______ ( not play ) baseball. She thinks it’s difficult.
1. The boy is too young to know the _________(dangerous) of smoking.
2. How _________ （excite）we feel!
3. Don’t worry. I remember ________ (shut) the window just now.
4. He ________ (come) back in an hour.
5. ________ (travel) by bus takes longer.
1. Many changes __________ (take) place in our daily life since the use of Underground Line 1 and 2.
2. There is a light rain, but none of the boys says they __________ (stop) playing football.
3. — How was your flight to Beijing?
— Couldn’t be worse. We __________ (keep) at the airport for 3 hours.
4. “Today’s work is all done. See you tomorrow!” said my workmate, __________ (shut) the windows around her.
5. — Why __________ he __________ (not go) jogging with us today?
— Because he was too tired.
6. With the development of WeChat, more and more people __________ (get) used to WeChat
7. Secondary school in the USA usually __________ (cover) seven years, grade six to twelve.
8. To celebrate the Year of Monkey, Mother says she’ll have our house __________ (paint).
1.Mike (have) a good ping-pong bat.
2.I (not have) a TV.
3. Bill (have) a baseball?
4.—What are those under the table?
—They are (basketball).
5. you (have) an English book?