1. The policeman told that man to give a __________(描述) of the accident.
2. W_____________ is the fourth day of a week.
3. Please write as ____________(认真)as you can so that you can make fewer mistakes.
4. The t month of the year is December.
5.Which river is the second l river in the world?
The two-way radio is very 1.____ (use) to people who live on those great Australian farms. It 2.____ (work) much like a telephone. A person can listen 3.____ someone else talk and then give an answer. For example, people on the large farms can talk to a doctor far 4._____. They can tell the doctor about someone who is ill, and the doctor can let them know to 5._____ after the sick person.
Think about two people you know. How would you describe their personalities? Are they the s 1 ?Of course not! Everyone is different .Even twins have d 2 personalities.
Some people are very outgoing and f 3 .They like to be w 4 other people all the time. And some people are quiet, maybe even shy. They like to be alone or play with a f 5 friends.
Some people worry a lot. They may w 6 about many things. H 7 ,some people don't worry about anything! They n 8 mind what is going on next. These people are very relaxed.
Some people are h 9 .They always do their best. They aren't lazy. They always get more chances to have success.
And don't f 10 this: Everyone is different.
That means you are special.
1.Lida has a ______(发烧),so she wants to see a doctor.
2. Yesterday we went to the hospital to help some_______(有残疾的)people.
3. More and more young teachers_______(自愿做) to teach in the countryside.
4. It’s ______(不公平的) to treat the girl in this way.
5. My uncle spent the whole morning________(修理) my bike.
1. At the Natural History Museum, the guide is telling the v________ about the butterflies.
2. You must keep q________ while your father is asleep.
3. Before c________ the busy street, you must look both ways.
4. L________, Jack passed the final exam in the end.
5. I think that the most helpful i________ is the rice machine, but I don’t know who invented it.
6. His uncle is a f________ and lives in the countryside, growing rice and corn.
7. The price of petrol(汽油) has come down s_____ the beginning of this year.
8. Although he could get much more money in the new company, he r________ their offer.
9. The ice is too t________ to skate on. It’s rather dangerous.
10. Before I came to China, I s________ my guitar to my neighbor for $200.
Once there was a beggar sleeping on the street. One day, he met a painter who was very poor. Soon the painter f __1_ sick because he worried too much. Before his death, the painter gave the beggar a painting, on which there were a pair of hands and a smiling face. The beggar was wild with j_2___ because he heard some painters became famous after death. So he started w 3 for one day to sell the painting at a high price. One year passed, two years passed, and he had waited for many years, but the painter didn’t become famous. Later, the beggar left this world with r__4__.
Dramatically, another beggar got the same painting. He came to u 5 the painting. He didn’think much, but laughed h 6 for a whole day instead. Since then, he no longer begged from others, but began m_7__ money with his hands. After a few years, he had o_8__his house, his family and a smiling face.
In fact, sometimes wealth does not m 9 money; it may be beside us. But if you don’t know to discover it and d_10___ it in the ordinary life, you might be “poor” all your life.
1.This is my ____________( 八 ) birthday.
2. Thomas Edison was a great American _________ (发明).
3. We can get a lot of ________(信息) from the Internet.
4. It is said that the population may be seven __________(十亿) by the year 2010.
5. Everyone went to the cinema ___________(除……之外).
6. Mike enjoyed __________(he) very much at the party.
7. We’ll have a __________ ( discuss ) at two this afternoon.
8. The boy was ___________(excite) about playing football.
9. My mother always keeps me _________( practise ) spoken English in the morning.
10. The population in China is __________(large) than that in India.
Making friends is a skill. Like most skills, you can improve it if you are patient. If you want to meet people and make friends, you must be willing to take action. You must first go where there are people. You won’t make friends staying home a_________(1).
Joining a club or a group, talking to those who like the same things as you do is much e_______(2). Or join someone in some activities.
Many people are n________(3) when talking to new people. After all, meeting strangers means seeing the unknown. And it’s human nature to feel a bit unpleasant about the unknown. Most of fears about d________(4) with new people come from doubts(怀疑) about ourselves. We imagine other people are judging us—finding us too tall or too short, too this or too that. But don’t forget that they must be feeling the s________(5) way. Try to accept yourself as you are, and try to make others feel at home. You’ll all feel more c________(6).
Try to be brave even if you don’t feel that way when you e________(7) a room full of strangers. Walk tall and straight, look d________(8) at other people and smile.
If you see someone you’d like to speak to, say something. Don’t wait for the other person to start a c________(9).
Just meeting someone new does not mean that you’ll make friends with that person. Friendship is based on mutual(相互的) likings and “give and take”. It takes time and effort(精力) for us to d________10) friendship. And there are things that stop a new friendship from g________(11).
1. What are you going to do after you g_______(毕业).
2. This is not only c________(残忍的) but also harmful to the environment.
3.Mark has an a__________ (有利条件)over you since he can speak French.
4.Nancy b_________(燃烧) her fingers while playing with a match.
5. The p________(总统) of the USA made an important speech last week.
1. I have a ______ (手表) in my backpack.
2. –Let’s play computer games.
3. Sonia likes his lesson very much, because it’s so ________（有趣的）.
4. My _________（数学）book is on the desk and the English book is in the bag.
5. Please ________（拼写）this word.
6. My mother’s brother is my u_________.
7. That’s my brother. H________ name is Tony.
8. –What’s your phone n_________?
9. --Where is my backpack?
--U_____ your bed, on the floor.
10. I’m not a girl. I’m my parents’ s_________.
1. What do you think of s________ operas?
2. This summer the short skirts are in f___________.
3. I can’t s_______Mike. He is always borrowing money from me.
4. There’s n_________ to eat at home. Let’s go to the restaurant.
5. Don’t arrive l______ for class.
1.December is the t________month of the year .
2.Can you h__________ me? I can’t answer the question.
3.Tom is English but he can s________ Chinese .
4. Anybody can a __________ our prices..
5. For b____________, I like eggs, milk and bread.
6.I ________( 想 )he likes English.
7.I have two English _____________(字典)
8.Is Jackie Chan is a ___________ (成功的) actor?
9. He likes ______________(健康的) food for breakfast.
10.You can buy clothes for _______ (自己).
I like (1) w________, because I can do what I like.
On Sunday morning, I am going to get up (2) l_________. After breakfast, I’m going to have a rest and begin to do my (3) h_______ at about 9:30. My mother wants me to clean my room (4) b_______ it’s too dirty. Oh, how I hate（讨厌) doing (5) h________.
At 11:30 I’m going to my grandma’s home (6) w_______ my parents. We are going to have lunch there. In the afternoon, I am going to play computer games and surf the Internet. I enjoy (7) s______ the Internet because I can make (8) f________ there.
When (9) e________ comes, I must study. My father is going to help me with my English. After that, I am going to (10) h_______ a rest and go to bed. I don’t want to watch TV, but my mother likes watching it.
1.Mum,don’t ________(担心)about me.
2.Lily is looking f_______ to visiting her grandpa in Beijing.
3.This computer is ______(我的).
4.We are going sightseeing and going to have a p_______ on the beach.
5.I am going to enjoy m_____during the trip.
There was a young woman who took great pride in her flower garden. She was raised by her grandmother who taught her to love and c_1_ for flowers. So her flower garden was the best.
One day, while she was looking t_2_ a flower list she often order from, a picture of a plant caught her eyes. She had never seen blooms(花) on a flower like that before. “I have to have it,” she said to h__3___, and she immediately ordered it.
When it arrived, she already had a place prepared to plant it. She planted it at the back of her yard. It grew well, with beautiful green l__4__ all over it, but there were no blooms. Day after day she continued to water it, f__5__ it, and she even talked to it trying to make it bloom. However, it was useless.
One morning weeks later, when standing before the vine, she felt very sad that her plant had not bloomed. She was giving thought to cutting it down and planting s__6___else in its place.
It was at this point that her neighbor, whose yard joined h_ 7__, called over to her. “Thank you so much! You can’t imagine how much I have enjoyed the blooms of that vine you planted.” The young woman walked through the gate into her neighbor’s yard, and sure enough, she saw that on the other side of the wall the vine was f__8___ with blooms.
T___9__were indeed the most beautiful blooms she had ever seen. The vine had grown through the crevices(缝隙) and it had not flowered on her side of the w all, but it had flowered on the other side.
Sometimes one may not see the good result of his e__10__, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t successful.
1.She has been an ORBIS nurse since she left _______. ( 大学)．
2.The Great Wall is one of the w______ in the world．
3.The technology has _____(make something more) rice production.
4.She is not s_______ with what I said.
5.This kind of virus ______(cover a large area) quickly.
March 5 is “Lei Feng Day”. It started fifty years ago. Now half a (1) c has passed. Is the spirit (精神) of Lei Feng outdated (过时的)？
Some people have shown us that it is (2) n . But people have also changed the ways in which they help others.
Zhao has been a volunteer for 18 years. She still (3) r her experience at an old people’s home several years ago. An old man held her hand and said, “You don’t need to do (4) a for us. Seeing young people here is all we need.”
Those words made Zhao (5) t : in what ways can we better help people? “Before we give a helping hand, we should find out what they (6) w ,” Zhao said to the Qilu Evening News.
Besides Zhao, other people have shown their understanding of the spirit of Lei Feng.
Last January, “noodle fever” swept Zhengzhou, Henan. One local man, Li Gang, 42, said in his post that he had a (7) s illness and needed a lot of money for an operation. However, what he asked for wasn’t charity, (8) b for more people to come to eat noodles at his restaurant.
Li’s post spread (9) q . Soon his restaurant was filled with customers (顾客) every day and Li was able to (10) a to have his operation on February 2.
In this way, people could help Li without hurting his dignity (自尊).
1． “Is he right? I think________.”
2． The things________show were invented by him.
3． What was the________interesting thing you saw?
4． “I don't know the________to the museum? Go down this road.”
5． There are a lot of books here, and many________in that shelf.
1. Thousands of people lost their ________ （生命）in the earthquake.
2. It’s best for you to go to bed _______ （早点儿）tonight.
3. We won’t go climbing the mountain if it _______ （下雨）tomorrow.
4. Class Four is the ______ （获胜者）in the relay race.
5. I don’t eat meat and my mother doesn’t _______ （也）.
6. She wants to _______ （预定）a double room for the holiday.
7. English is _______ （说）by more than 400 million people as their first language.
1. I can answer all the questions _______ the last one. It’s too difficult.
2. He was so tired that he soon felt ______ asleep.
3. How long have you been ______ this place?
4. Luckily, there was a hospital ______. The man was quickly taken there and was saved.
5. If you miss your lessons, you’ll be _____ ______ your classroom.
6. “What do you want so much money_______?” mother asked.
7. ______ the money he paid for the library book.
8. The light in the room isn’t light ______ for him to work.